With a new year before us the possibilities of what is yet to come for us are endless. 2018 without a doubt will be a year that starts a new journey in my life. As 2017 was a stepping stone in my personal life, education, and career. After, much debate I came to the conclusion that transitioning into ‘My Latina Journey’ was for the sole purpose of sharing each journey I came across. Therefore, it is only right to begin incorporating the new journey 2018 has in store for me and my family.
In case you’re still unsure as to what the message above is referring to, we’re EXPECTING a BABY due in August. Keeping a healthy focus throughout the blog has been a point, and will continue to be during this pregnancy. Recently, it has being difficult to find snacks to fulfill my hunger throughout the day without breaking the bank. As a result, I started shopping more frequently at a nearby Grocery Outlet.
You may not know but Grocery Outlet has a section entirely devoted to organic, specialty, health, and natural foods. It is now called NOSH, have you seen it? In addition, you can save between 40-70% on these selection of products.
5 Easy and Healthy Pregnancy Snacks
- Yogurt with Fruit. As a college student finding easy snacks for in between classes is a necessity. As a result, I have found yogurt with fruit to be a go to.
- Fig Bars. Nutritional bars are a must to carry whether you’re expecting or not. Recently, I have being enjoying various flavors from Fig Bars that retail for only $0.59 at local Grocery Outlet’s.
- Crackers. Nausea is not a myth ladies! Therefore, it was recommended to me that I snack on crackers throughout the day to help ease nausea. Keep in mind, it will ONLY help reduce nausea.
- Sun Dried Fruit. By now, I am sure most of you know I have a sweet tooth. With this in mind, I try to opt for healthier sweets and dried fruit is one of my favorites to snack on.
- Smoothies. For the days I am running low on time, I tend to grab a green smoothie. Nausea will only worsen if you’re food intake diminishes. Therefore, I ensure no meals are skipped throughout the day.
Grocery Outlet has definitely helped me stay within a budget during this pregnancy. If you’re looking to save money when grocery shopping I urge you to search for one near you. Also, I hope the snack ideas were helpful and useful to you. I’ll love to hear what else you would like to see in the future regarding pregnancy, as I want to be as helpful as I can be.