Recently, while browsing through my local Ralphs I came across Dorot Gardens in the frozen produce aisle. As a result, I became inspired to share an easy and delicious fish recipe for lent. Although, it is a recipe that can be prepared throughout the whole year.
- 1 Lbs of a tilapia fish filet
- 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 Cubes of Dorot’s Frozen Crushed Garlic
- 2 Cubes of Dorot’s Frozen Crushed Ginger
- Salt and pepper to the taste
- 1 Orange
Step by Step Recipe
- Dissolve the ginger and garlic cubes into olive oil in a sauce pan with low heat.
- In a medium size pan place the fish with low to medium heat.
- Spread the mixture over the fish using a basting brush, and sprinkle salt and pepper to the taste.
- Cut an orange in half, and squeeze fresh juice over the fish.
- Cook each size for 4-6 minutes.
Keep in mind, you can pair the fish with any side dish. In order, to keep the recipe simple I decided to add white rice and slices of orange.
In all honesty, Dorot Gardens has become a staple in my household because it is mess free. Now I am able to focus on the joy of cooking rather than becoming exhausted from all the herb prep work and clean up. By now, most of you know I am expecting a baby and finding hacks to anything is a necessity.