This post has been sponsored by Aguacates Frescos – Saborea Uno Hoy®. However, all opinions are mine alone. #LoveOneTodayMom
Since I am currently expecting, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is highly important. To say the least, everything I eat is going to be consumed by Baby S. As a result, I want to ensure I provide the right nutrients throughout the pregnancy for her. Also, it is beneficial to lead a healthy pregnancy because less weight will be gained throughout the journey. With that being said, I’d like to introduce the Saborea Uno Hoy website where there is information about the prenatal health benefits of fresh avocados.
I am thrilled to say that avocados are indeed filled with nutrients that are beneficial during pregnancy. First, healthy avocados contain naturally good fats which are known to be important for the normal growth and development of the baby’s central nervous system and brain. In addition, fresh avocados provide a good source of folate per serving which is important for developing a baby’s brain function and reducing the risk for premature birth and birth defects.
In all honesty, avocados are one of my favorite fruits. As a result, I have been constantly eating them since I transitioned into a healthier lifestyle. With that being said, would you like to see how I incorporate avocados into any meal of the day? If so, please do let me know down below in the comments.
Additional Nutritional Benefits of Avocados
- The Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics lists avocados as a healthful fat that can help women achieve a balanced diet and have a healthy pregnancy.
- Healthy avocados are a nutrient-rich, versatile fruit that can be eaten alone or used in a variety of tasty recipes – from soups to salads to smoothies – all of which can fit into a sensible eating plan.
All in all, avocados are filled with nutrients that are beneficial during pregnancy. SaboreaUnoHoy.com has many recipes that are ideal for those of us who are expecting or have families. For instance, I encourage to try the Cuban-style Grilled Salmon with Avocado, Baby Tomato and Herb Salsa. Lastly, don’t forget to enter the ABCs of Prenatal Nutrition Instagram contest.
Avocados, Bellies & Cravings of Prenatal Nutrition Contest
- POST a photo of your avocado craving on Instagram during the month of May and tell us why you’re eating avocados during your pregnancy.
- TAG the photo with #LoveOneTodayMom and #contest
You will automatically be entered and your Instagram photo will be displayed in the gallery contest landing page!
- Account must be visible to public in order to be part of the photo gallery.
- Participant must be on their journey to motherhood.
- Participants are responsible for properly disclosing sponsored contest entry, in accordance with FTC Endorsement Guides (e.g. #contest).
- For full Terms & Conditions, please click here.
- One Grand Prize: BuyBuyBaby gift card (Value $500) + Love One Today@ diaper bag filled with baby gear.
- Five Runners Up: Love One Today@ diaper bag + baby gear