Step by Step on How to Make Micheladas Locas this Season

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over.  #WinWithClamato #CollectiveBias

Step by Step on How to Make Micheladas Locas this Season

Needless to say, the days are becoming warmer with each passing week. As a result, I spend more time in the backyard enjoying the fresh air. Therefore, I felt inspired to share a non-traditional Michelada to celebrate the 2018 soccer championships. In the past, I’ve share a non-alcoholic Michelada recipe which you can find here. However, this time around I wanted to attempt making Micheladas Locas similar to Tostilocos, Churrilocos, etc. I’m Latina as most of you know, and I grew up eating lime, fruit, chili, and tamarindo. As a result, I felt inspired to combine my childhood memories with summer, Micheladas, and chili.

Step by Step on How to Make Micheladas Locas this Season
Step by Step on How to Make Micheladas Locas this Season

Ingredients You’ll Need:

Step by Step on How to Make Micheladas Locas this Season

Prepare Beforehand:

• Peel and dice the cucumber
  • Dice the orange into round slices
  • Dice the lime into round slices

Instructions:

• Use a cold jar or glass
  • Squeeze lime around the top
  • Rotate the top with chili powder
  • Add 1/4 of Clamato® Tomato Cocktail to the rimmed glass or jar
  • Add Chamoy, Hot Sauce, Lime, and Chili Powder to preference
  • Stir all the ingredients together
  • Fill the rimmed glass or jar with ice half way
  • Add orange slices, cucumber, and lime slices
  • Fill the rimmed glass or jar to the top with beer
  • Add the peanuts, tamarindo, and chili powder to preference
  • Garnish with an orange and lime slice
  • Serve immediately!

Step by Step on How to Make Micheladas Locas this Season

As you can see, Micheladas Locas are easy to make at the comfort of home. Keep in mind, you can find all the ingredients easily at a nearby Walmart. These Micheladas are ideal to serve at gatherings, BBQ’s, and parties. For future reference, have a jar of the michelada mix ready in advance along with the toppings and garnishes.

•  Earn up to $7.50 on Ibotta when you purchase Clamato and beer.
    • How it works
      • Purchase (1) 64oz or (2) 32oz or 1-liters or (3) 12oz or 16oz bottles of Clamato and (1) 6pk or larger of beer and Clamato will reimburse you up to $7.50 ($0.25 Clamato rebate + $0.25 beer rebate + $7.00 bonus rebate = $7.50)
      • Offer fulfilled digitally via ibotta
      • IMPORTANT NOTE: Not valid in the following states: LA, NC, UT, MN, SD
      • Available through 7/15

1. Rose Ann Sales
    June 26, 2018 / 6:31 PM

I have never tried this drinks but this Micheladas Locas recipe looks so good and delicious. I am sure my friend will love it as we will be having a simple get together this coming weekend.

2. June 26, 2018 / 7:27 PM

Peanuts in my drink sound strange, but this looks really good. I might just have to give that Clamato a try.

3. Ally
    June 27, 2018 / 3:50 AM

This drink looks absolutely delicious! I will absolutely be trying it when we go on vacation in a couple weeks!

4. June 27, 2018 / 5:26 AM

Sounds like a great drink for party gatherings. I bet this would be a hit! I have never had clamato juice before, does it taste like clams?

5. June 27, 2018 / 9:31 AM

That looks amazing, but I’m not so sure about the Clamato. Maybe I’ll be adventurous and give it a try. I think the cucumber in it sounds really refreshing.

6. June 27, 2018 / 12:06 PM

Ohhh, my! My husband would LOVE these – especially with the spicy peanuts. I never really understood what Clamato was until recently. It’s such a fun summer drink to make recipes with.

7. June 27, 2018 / 6:20 PM

I would love to try the virgin version of this drink. It sounds very delicious (minus the beer) 🙂
    Thanks for sharing.

8. June 27, 2018 / 11:01 PM

Though I don’t drink alcohol, this might interest my sister. The pictures look so amazing!

9. Shanab
    June 28, 2018 / 1:56 AM

I love spicy food and drinks and this looks like such a treat. Peanuts and tomato juice, I’m interested to try the combination.

10. June 28, 2018 / 2:59 AM

I am all for a cool drink this summer! I am going to give this a try!

11. June 28, 2018 / 4:55 AM

This looks like a zippity-zangy drink with the hot sauce and the peanuts! Add lime and ice and there is a part in my mouth and tummy. Thanks for this – will give it a go!

12. June 28, 2018 / 5:32 AM

Oh that looks and sounds like an interesting drink. Never heard of Mexican Japanese peanuts, i have a feeling i will love it.

13. Kiwi
    June 28, 2018 / 10:39 AM

I had my first Michelada last week as I am in Playa Del Carmen now. Its very popular here and hopefully when I go home in a month I can recreate it like you did.

14. June 28, 2018 / 11:58 AM

I’ve never tried one of these but they look and sound so yummy. I’m definitely going to make this one over the weekend.

15. June 29, 2018 / 2:40 AM

I have never tried this but it looks so yummy and refreshing! I do hope to get to tasting it someday.

16. Ruth I.
    June 29, 2018 / 7:11 AM

This looks refreshing! Is it okay to remove the alcohol content or do you have alternative? I would love to try this recipe tho.

17. June 30, 2018 / 5:56 AM

This drink looks so good. Although I usually go for your classic Michelada, I would love to try this version.