This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebratingMorris #MorrisApproved #MorrisTurns50 #CollectiveBias
In recent months, my parents added a new cat member to their household. Now, my parents are pet owners of 4 cats, 5 dogs, and 3 turtles. As a result, I decided to help any time I have the opportunity to do so. In my opinion, owning a pet isn’t an easy task but somehow my parents have manage. With that being said, I felt inspired to share a craft for cat toys that is easy and budget friendly. In addition, I stop by my local Dollar General to purchase couple of 9Lives wet food cans. In the case, that you’ve recently added a new cat to your household I have a new cat owner checklist of items you’ll need.
As a matter of fact, I have stayed away from events and conferences since delivering Baby Camilla in mid-July. However, I could not resist meeting Morris the Cat. You may be wondering who Morris the Cat is right? In 1968, Bob Martwick, an animal talent scout discovered an orange tabby with quite the charming personality at the Humane Society in Hinsdale, IL. Despite his fame, Morris has never forgotten his humble beginnings as a rescue cat. With this in mind, Morris the Cat is the icon of the 9Lives® brand that helps cats lead long healthy lives. 9Lives® is a cat food brand that is a responsible choice because it provides taste, nutrition, and variety. To learn more about Morris and his 50 year legacy, check out 9Lives on Facebook!
Supplies You’ll Need
- Pom poms
- Toilet paper rolls
- Glue gun
- Scissors – An essential to open any packaging without damaging your manicure.
- Optional – Acrylic paint or spray paint
Step by Step
- Begin by clearing out a surface to use during this craft. Also, ensure to use a mat, plastic, or paper to protect the surface your using from damage.
- Optional – Without delay, paint the toilet paper rolls using spray or acrylic paint. Wait approximately 30 minutes before proceeding any further.
- Then, connect the glue gun to a power outlet. Wait approximately 2-3 minutes for the glue gun to heat up properly.
- Now, decide where you’ll be placing the pom poms throughout the toilet paper rolls. This time around I decided to use 4 medium and 4 small size pom poms.
- Continue, by adding a decent amount of hot glue to the pom pom and pressing it on the toilet paper roll. Repeat this step until you have enough pom poms.
- Lastly, allow approximately 2-4 minutes for the hot glue to completely dry before use. On the other hand, if you used acrylic or spray paint allow at least 24 hours for the toilet paper roll to be fully dry.
In celebration of his 50th Adopt-i-versary, Morris and 9Lives® headed to CatCon in Pasadena, California to serve as an inspiration and role model for adoptable cats everywhere. Learn more about Morris the 9Lives® Cat and his 50th adopt-i-versary. Also, there was many shelter cats at the Adoption Village at CatCon! 9Lives® is dedicated to the health and happiness of cats everywhere. Why? Because 9Lives® believes cats deserve to live well. With this in mind, the conference was filled with cat fanatics, vendors, and cats themselves. Thankfully, I had the opportunity to pass by the Adoption Village and see all the beautiful cats available for adoption. In all honesty, it filled my heart with joy when a cat was selected by a family. Lastly, Morris introduces his Cat Pack article.