DIY: Budget Friendly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebratingMorris #MorrisApproved #MorrisTurns50 #CollectiveBias

DIY: Budget Friedly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls #CelebratingMorris

In recent months, my parents added a new cat member to their household. Now, my parents are pet owners of 4 cats, 5 dogs, and 3 turtles. As a result, I decided to help any time I have the opportunity to do so. In my opinion, owning a pet isn’t an easy task but somehow my parents have manage. With that being said, I felt inspired to share a craft for cat toys that is easy and budget friendly. In addition, I stop by my local Dollar General to purchase couple of 9Lives wet food cans. In the case, that you’ve recently added a new cat to your household I have a new cat owner checklist of items you’ll need.

DIY: Budget Friedly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls #CelebratingMorris

As a matter of fact, I have stayed away from events and conferences since delivering Baby Camilla in mid-July. However, I could not resist meeting Morris the Cat. You may be wondering who Morris the Cat is right? In 1968, Bob Martwick, an animal talent scout discovered an orange tabby with quite the charming personality at the Humane Society in Hinsdale, IL. Despite his fame, Morris has never forgotten his humble beginnings as a rescue cat. With this in mind, Morris the Cat is the icon of the 9Lives® brand that helps cats lead long healthy lives. 9Lives® is a cat food brand that is a responsible choice because it provides taste, nutrition, and variety. To learn more about Morris and his 50 year legacy, check out 9Lives on Facebook!

DIY: Budget Friedly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls #CelebratingMorris

Supplies You’ll Need

• Pom poms
  • Toilet paper rolls
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors – An essential to open any packaging without damaging your manicure.
  • Optional – Acrylic paint or spray paint

DIY: Budget Friedly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls #CelebratingMorris

Step by Step

• Begin by clearing out a surface to use during this craft. Also, ensure to use a mat, plastic, or paper to protect the surface your using from damage.
  • Optional – Without delay, paint the toilet paper rolls using spray or acrylic paint. Wait approximately 30 minutes before proceeding any further.
  • Then, connect the glue gun to a power outlet. Wait approximately 2-3 minutes for the glue gun to heat up properly.
  • Now, decide where you’ll be placing the pom poms throughout the toilet paper rolls. This time around I decided to use 4 medium and 4 small size pom poms.
  • Continue, by adding a decent amount of hot glue to the pom pom and pressing it on the toilet paper roll. Repeat this step until you have enough pom poms.
  • Lastly, allow approximately 2-4 minutes for the hot glue to completely dry before use. On the other hand, if you used acrylic or spray paint allow at least 24 hours for the toilet paper roll to be fully dry.

DIY: Budget Friedly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls #CelebratingMorris

In celebration of his 50th Adopt-i-versary, Morris and 9Lives® headed to CatCon in Pasadena, California to serve as an inspiration and role model for adoptable cats everywhere. Learn more about Morris the 9Lives® Cat and his 50th adopt-i-versary. Also, there was many shelter cats at the Adoption Village at CatCon! 9Lives® is dedicated to the health and happiness of cats everywhere. Why? Because 9Lives® believes cats deserve to live well. With this in mind, the conference was filled with cat fanatics, vendors, and cats themselves. Thankfully, I had the opportunity to pass by the Adoption Village and see all the beautiful cats available for adoption. In all honesty, it filled my heart with joy when a cat was selected by a family. Lastly, Morris introduces his Cat Pack article.

DIY: Budget Friedly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls #CelebratingMorris

Coupons

DIY: Budget Friedly Cat Toys Using Toilet Paper Rolls #CelebratingMorris

1. September 5, 2018 / 7:57 AM

Your cat must be so happy because it has a toy to play with. And it’s extra special because you made it yourself. 🙂

2. Devyani Ray
    September 5, 2018 / 10:11 AM

You must have a very happy cat!

3. Krish
    September 5, 2018 / 10:13 AM

Pets require love and care…the efforts you are putting in yo.keep your pet happy through DIY toys shows your love for it..
    Regards

4. September 5, 2018 / 11:03 AM

Yay! Happy birthday to Morris. What a fun post to celebrate with.

5. September 5, 2018 / 11:15 AM

My cats enjoy 9Lives! And Morris is precious. I would love to meet him. My cats would really like this toy too!

6. September 5, 2018 / 12:58 PM

Now this is such a fun idea of a way to make a cat toy! I love the idea of reusing things as toys can be so expensive yet this would be fun and cheap and easy to remake!

7. September 5, 2018 / 4:08 PM

great idea , love that it can be made of recycled materials. Thanks for sharing the toy idea as well as the coupon links

8. September 5, 2018 / 4:28 PM

How fun! I always have toilet paper rolls around, we do a lot of crafts with them with the kids

9. Anne Yedlin
    September 5, 2018 / 7:14 PM

What a fun toy to make for the fur babies! I know my cats would absolutely love this so I will be making it for them this weekend! Make it a family craft session and have my boys help out!

10. September 6, 2018 / 7:46 PM

This is such a fun idea for a cat toy. This is fun and easy and verry cheap, you don’t have to spend much pennies.

11. September 7, 2018 / 12:02 AM

Great to DIY such toy for ur fur kids… Nice celebration for fun craft.. this is super fun!~ Great job!

12. September 7, 2018 / 2:38 AM

I have never thought to make my own cat toys. We don’t have cats but if we ever get one I will make my own cat toys. This looks so easy to do. Hope the cats your parents have enjoy this toy.

13. Ruth I
    September 7, 2018 / 8:33 AM

The DIY cat toy looks so cute! We have lots of friends who own cats, I’ll pass this to them. Happy birthday to Morris.

14. September 7, 2018 / 12:13 PM

I never thought of making cat toys though I have some real cats with me. Can’t wait to have toy cats as well.

15. September 7, 2018 / 2:31 PM

This is so cute. My grandma’s cat is getting really lazy as he grows older. Maybe this toy can interest him haha

16. September 9, 2018 / 9:35 AM

Oh, I’m old enough and certainly remember Morris! These are neat ideas for cheap cat toys. I’m not sure they would work here for our 8 cats, though – because we also have 3 dogs who like to chew up cat toys and other things!

17. September 9, 2018 / 11:58 PM

Your fuzzy cute cat must be one happy creature at the end of the day!

18. Olga Zak
    September 11, 2018 / 3:11 AM

Happy birthday to Morris! Most of us forgetting to celebrate our pets birthday. This is such a cute celebration. Your cat look so much happy. I want to celebrate my kitties bday coming soon on December.

19. September 19, 2018 / 5:15 AM

This is such a great idea. I think its great when you can recycle things to have different uses