The Common Myths About Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsTalkPlanB #CollectiveBias #Ad

The Common Myths About Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive #LetsTalkPlanB

In recent months, I have started to incorporate content that is more personal, informative, and useful. With that being said, Plan B One-Step is a topic I believe to be an useful resource for women. Therefore, I wanted to dispel the common myths regarding the emergency contraceptive pill. Also, Plan B One-Step can easily be found at a nearby Target.

The Common Myths About Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive #LetsTalkPlanB

The Most Common Myths about Plan B One-Step

• It’s Abortion – Often times, people confuse emergency contraceptives with medication abortion pills. However, they are not the same thing at all. Plan B will prevent a pregnancy before it happens by delaying ovulation! Therefore, it is not abortion by any means.
  • Morning After Pill – Yes, Plan B is the most effective within the first 24 hours of unprotected sex. But, the product is also effective within 24-72 hours after unprotected sex. Keep in mind, the odds are much better than not taking anything at all after unprotected sex.
  • Harms Fertility – There is no evidence that taking the Plan B emergency contraceptive affects fertility. In other words, this emergency contraceptive is a safe and effective backup option to prevent an accidental pregnancy in case you had unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.

Additional Information

• The active ingredient, levonorgestrel, is the same ingredient in many common birth control pills – just at a higher, single dose.
  • Plan B works mainly by delaying ovulation – it helps to prevent pregnancy BEFORE it begins.
  • It is not an abortion pill and it will not affect an existing pregnancy.
  • It is not meant to be used as your regular birth control and it doesn’t protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
  • You do not need an ID or prescription to purchase and there is no age restriction

The Common Myths About Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive #LetsTalkPlanB

Keep in mind, the emergency contraception pill is an important option for all women and their family planning efforts. Half of the women who use Plan B are 18-24 and the other half are 25+. With that being said, there is a common misperception that it’s younger women who use the product but that is just not true. Starting a family should be a decision not an accident. In the past, I have used Plan B One-Step to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Today, I am glad the emergency contraceptive was available because it gave me the opportunity to have control over my future. It is a without a doubt that I highly recommend women to inform themselves further about the ECP.

– The following coupon is available for $10 off of your Plan B One-Step purchase –

The Common Myths About Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive #LetsTalkPlanB

1. August 18, 2018 / 7:29 AM

It’s good to write about this since some girls don’t really know how it works !
    Great to share !! xx

2. August 18, 2018 / 8:18 AM

I agree that starting a family should be a decision, not an accident. It’s good to know all of the options but the best option is not being in the situation for a “mistake” in the first place because you are prepared.

3. August 18, 2018 / 8:59 AM

Your courage in sharing, is quite admirable. The information you provided is surely worth an interest.

4. Joanna
    August 19, 2018 / 7:59 AM

I think that it’s a good thing that this kind of pills exist on the market and that there are options in case an “accident” happens. I’m sure they don’t harm your body if they are taken once in a blue moon. However, one shouldn’t rely on them and not use protection.

5. August 19, 2018 / 9:41 AM

It is so important for all of us, but especially those of us Latinos, to make sure we create an open dialogue about sex and contraceptives. Thanks for taking the time to create this post.

6. August 19, 2018 / 7:18 PM

Things happen in every relationship or even non-relationship. Stuff happens. It’s good to know that there is something out there to help a spur of the moment decision or maybe something far darker before an unwanted pregnancy happens. You’re very brave to post this because I know that this could backslide too. Women in the days before this pill had more lethal ways to try to stop a pregnancy from happening and this is so much safer.

7. August 20, 2018 / 5:26 AM

Amazing post! I am glad someone posted info about the Plan B method. People should know more about this in my opinion. Thank you so much for sharing. I just hope we have this in our country too. Too bad it is so conservative.

8. Hannah Marie
    August 20, 2018 / 5:34 AM

I have heard about emergency pills back in College. Our professor discuss about it’s dosage. If I have to, I think I might use thus pills as well.

9. August 20, 2018 / 5:03 PM

I have a friend who asked about Plan B earlier this month. I didn’t know much about it to offer her my insight. This post will come in handy. I’ll be sure to share with her.

10. August 20, 2018 / 7:42 PM

Some great tips here! The Plan B needs to be spoken of more!