This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RAMomSolutions #CollectiveBias
Building a bond with Camilla took a bit longer then I expected as I had an emergency c-section. When I was out of the operating room I remember feeling extreme pain within the first hour. Therefore, I asked for medicine to relieve the pain and the nurse gave me double the dosage. I’m not sure why the nurse decided to give me a double dosage as it’s not allowed. I was completely out of it and puking my life away for nearly half a day. As a result, I wasn’t able to have skin to skin contact with Camilla for a long period of time. When the medicine started to wear off I started to feel much better and bonding with Camilla became a priority.
In all honesty, I feel guilt for not been able to have skin to skin contact with Camilla. As a first time mother I had many expectations that didn’t go as planned. I soon learn that delivering a baby into the world can’t be planned step by step. As a result, I made priorities instead of plans. In other words, I decided what was the most important and focused on those task.
How to Build a Strong Bond with Your Newborn
- Wear Your Baby: Find a carrier or sling that is comfortable for you and baby. Wearing your baby lets you get close and personal with your little one. Also, being close to mom is when baby feels the most loved and comfortable.
- Cuddle Together: There is nothing better than to cuddle with your baby. Babies love to be near mom because they feel safe.
- Give Baths: In all honesty, I was nervous the first time I gave Camilla a bath. That’s why I used COTTONTOUCH™ Wash & Shampoo by JOHNSON’S®. It absorbs fast and feels incredibly soft in Camilla’s skin. When bath time is over dry your baby and add a little fun massage.
- Skin to Skin Contact: Be sure to get plenty of skin to skin contact whenever it’s possible. It will allow for you and baby to build a stronger bond each time.
- Sing to Her or Him: Babies enjoy hearing their mothers voice inside the womb. As you can imagine it’s very soothing for your baby to hear you sing lullabies. I sing two different Spanish lullabies to Camilla throughout the day. So when she is fuzzy to say the least she can begin to calm down when I start to sign.
Rite Aid has become my go-to-location due to the limited time I have now that Camilla is here. Also, I find the best wellness offerings for me, baby, and our family. Beginning on September 2, 2018 while supplies last, you can save $1 on any JOHNSON’S® lotion, wash, or hair care items. It’s a digital offer that you can find here for your next shopping trip.
As a first time mom I definitely had no idea what I was doing. To say the least, I was nervous to give her a bath, trim her nails, and even change her diaper. That is why I decided to use JOHNSON’S® products because over 90% of their ingredients are naturally derived. Their line of products are 100% gentle, free of parabens, phthalates, and are specially designed for newborn’s delicate skin.