This post is sponsored by Pearls® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. #PearlsOlives #BetterwithPearls
Without a doubt, adjusting to a newborn is challenging and tiring. Between feedings, diaper changes, and other baby related stuff there is barely any time to focus on yourself or relationship. As you can imagine going to the bar, theme park, and being spontaneous is no longer an option. With that being said, I searched for activities to do as a couple that were baby friendly. In the end, I learned outdoor activities were the easiest to do as a family with a baby. For example, going to the park, a hike, or walk. Today, i’ll be sharing 5 useful tips for a picnic in the park with a baby.
5 Useful Tips for a Picnic in the Park with a New Baby
- Essentials – There is a few things you’ll need in order to have a smooth picnic in the park with a baby. For instance, a large blanket to lay down or play with baby. In my experience, babies tend to be easily entertain with bubbles. As a result, I high suggest bringing something to entertain baby with.
- Snacks – In my opinion, bringing snacks when heading to the park is a must. Most of the time, it will prevent you from making unhealthy eating choices. Per say, the street vendors who sell a bunch of junk food. Since, giving birth I have focus in returning to my old healthy eating habits. That’s why Pearls Olives to Go!® has become a go to snack since it’s quite versatile.
- Pearls Olives to Go!® – Is a snack the whole family can enjoy alone or paired with your favorite meal or snack. Recently, we became obsessed with mediterranean salad and the sriracha flavor is a must add ingredient. Thankfully, it can be found at a nearby store and Amazon for those of us who have limited time to go shopping.
- Sunscreen – Although, there is enough shade in the park ensure to use sunscreen on baby to prevent sunburn. Also, use the sunscreen on yourself to prevent any unwanted sunspots. If you plan to spend couple of hours in the park then pack it to reapply as needed.
- Open Space – Find an open space in the park where baby can feel comfortable. In other words, find a space where there is enough room for everyone. You can easily became crowded with the carseat, blanket, and other belongings.
- Flexibility – Keep in mind, a baby is unpredictable and might have plans of their own for the day. As a result, it is important to be flexible and not hold expectations when planning to go out with a baby. In my experience, planning the day of has worked best with Camilla.
Most importantly, remember to have fun, take pictures, and build memories with your baby. Focus on the things you are able to do with your baby. Being a new parent can be overwhelming and adjusting can take time. For one thing, I’m still learning how to be a mother and not lose myself in the process. The first step is trying to recover from having a baby by living a healthier lifestyle as I did before. As a result, I’m choosing healthier snacks such as Pearls Olives to Go!® when I have the opportunity.