This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FindYourShea #CollectiveBias
Since becoming a mother I’ve had to reduce the time I spend on myself. As you can imagine, the time I have is limited due to my little bundle of joy. That’s why I’ve had to opt for easy hairstyles that are under ten minutes or less. Also, hairstyles that are mom friendly. In other words, hairstyles that are acceptable for dirty hair! As there is times where I only have a chance to wash my hair once a week.
Try out the SheaMoisture hair products mentioned throughout the post! Simply hover over the photo below to click through and purchase it at Walmart.
As a new mom treating myself is still a priority. With that being said, I’ve found a line of hair products that I love using. As I want to help maintain the hair I have left after postpartum. While shopping at Walmart I found the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus and Jamaican Black Castor Oil line of products. The products are made with all natural and effective ingredients that leave my hair beautiful and hydrated. Most importantly, these products are free from harmful ingredients.
Easy Mom Hairstyles Routine
Effortless Waves in 10 Minutes
- To achieve long lasting effortless waves begin with using the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. As a mother having clean hair when starting any hairstyle is a must! Since you’ll never know when it’s the next wash.
- Depending on the state of my hair I opt for using a product such as the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave in Conditioner. However, I don’t use this product every single time to reduce the chances of getting excess oil.
- Most of the time, I tend to use a hot tool to style my hair and the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Styling Lotion.
- Now that I’ve prep my hair I use a curling iron that’s either 1″ or 1 1/2″. The smaller tool will achieve more define curls while the bigger tool will give loose waves.
- In all honesty, hairspray is a step I never miss as I will be wearing the hairstyle for the week. Yet, this step is optional depending on your personal needs.
Effortless Bun in 5 Minutes
- By the end of the week I tend to opt for a bun that is chic. All I use is two bobby pins, a hair tie, and SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist.
- I begin by pulling a small section back at the top of my forehead while securing it with the bobby pins.
- Then, I simply grab and twist the remaining of the hair into a loose bun.
- To achieve an effortless bun I pull and secure areas as needed. Keep in mind, the bun is suppose to fit your needs and style.
Since becoming a mom I had to learn to adjust to different self-care routines. In this case, I had the opportunity to share the hairstyles routine I do throughout the week. In my opinion, the aroma of the SheaMoisture products is beautiful! One that will hold you accountable to a routine. As I had plenty of postpartum hair loss I need these products to help me achieve beautiful hair. In all honesty, I hope I was able to provide helpful ideas that you can use in your day to day life.